How to Solve DVD Player Won't Play AVI Issue?
Convert AVI to DVD Format to Burn or Play AVI on DVD Player
September 24th, 2013 by Smile Harney
Can DVD Players Play AVI?
Many of us have been asking: "Will AVI play on DVD player? Why some of my AVI files play on DVD player, while others cannot?". In fact, whether the DVD players play AVI videos or not, it depends
on the DVD player model, the AVI video codec or the AVI video resolution/size:
- Most DVD players only accept MPEG-2 in standard VOBs. Some of the older standalone DVD players do not play AVI at all. Now some of the newer DVD players support AVI encoded with DivX. Look into
the player manual, it'll tell you what formats are supported. If the DVD player does not support AVI, it will fail to play AVI files even if we have successfully burn AVI to DVD disc.
- Though some newer DVD players can play AVI files, it only plays AVI which is encoded with DivX. However, AVI is a container video format which may encoded with different video codecs like DivX,
Xvid, MPEG-4, H.263, WMV, MPEG-1 and etc. If the AVI video is not encoded the DVD player compatible codec, DVD player won't play AVI files.
- All standard DVD players only accept videos with certain resolutions and certain BVOP settings. For example, most standard DVD players limit import to 720x480 or 720x576 maximum. Very few DVD
players will accept AVI video resolution at greater than 720x576.
How to Play AVI on DVD Player?
In order to successfully play all kinds of AVI files on any DVD player model, an all-in-one solution is to convert AVI to DVD player more compatible format.
iDealshare VideoGo is just the right AVI to DVD Player Converter! It can easily convert various AVI files to DVD player more supported video format like VOB, MPEG-2, DivX and etc.
Besides converting AVI to DVD player format, iDealshare VideoGo also helps to convert other video formats like WMV, Xvid, MP4, MOV, WTV, ASF, MKV, FLV, SWF, RMVB, 3GP, AVCHD, DV, MXF, and etc to
DVD player format for easy playback.
How to Convert AVI to DVD Player Format?
Below is a step by step guide on how to convert AVI to DVD player more compatible video format so as to play various AVI files on all kinds of DVD players successfully.
Make Preparation: Run AVI to DVD Player Converter
Free download, install and run the ideal AVI to DVD Player Converter - iDealshare VideoGo (for Windows, for Mac), the
following interface will pop up.
Step 1 Add AVI video files
Click "Add File" button to add the AVI files which won't play on DVD player. Or simply drag the AVI files to the main window of this AVI to DVD Player Converter.
Step 2 Set DVD player compatible format
Click the "Profile" drop down button to select DVD player more compatible video format like DVD Video(*.vob) from "General Video" Category.
Tips: You can also select your DVD player specified video format as output profile. (Look into your DVD player manual, it'll tell you what video formats are supported.)
Step 3 Convert AVI to DVD player format
Click "Convert" button to start converting AVI to DVD player more format video format, it will be finished with fast speed and great output video quality.
Play AVI on DVD Player
After the AVI to DVD player format conversion is done, simply burn the converted AVI files to DVD disc to play AVI on any DVD player. Then you will never worry about the following troubleshooting
in playing AVI on DVD players:
- I have an Xvid.avi file downloaded from video sharing website which I want to play in DVD player. My Dvd player plays DivX, but not Xvid.
- I have an AVI file w/ resolution (724x432). It won't play on my DVD saying that resolution is not supported. I have a 720p Plasma TV. It won't play because my TV is it because it is only 720p and
not 1080p? Or the max for any file is 720?
- I have downloaded several old TV shows that are AVI files. Knowing these files wouldn't work on my old DVD player, I bought a new one which specified that it plays AVI files. Well, it does not
work as advertised.
- Does anyone know of any real, legitimate (no viruses) software (even if I have to pay for it) that converts AVI files into DVDs that can be watched on any DVD player?
- I have a 1gb .avi video that I'd like to be able to play on a DVD Player or an Xbox. Is there a program (paid or free) that'll assist me?
- Does anyone know of any real, legitimate (no viruses) software (even if I have to pay for it) that converts AVI files into DVDs that can be watched on any DVD player? I've got some .avi files
that I want to burn to DVD discs as data files(so they take up less space as in running time) to watch on my home DVD player, but my DVD player doesn't support AVI files
- My newly bought Sony DVP-SR760HP DVD Player not playing most AVI videos connected through USB.