Upload MOV to YouTube - Upload QuickTime/Nikon MOV to YouTube
Reason and Solution on Can't Upload MOV to YouTube
March 19th, 2015 by Smile Harney
The Reasons Why Can't Upload MOV to YouTube?
Although YouTube announced it supports a long list of video formats including MOV, MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, WebM, etc., in the actual use, when uploading MOV to YouTube, we were often confused by the
message "The video has failed to process". Therefore, we can't help asking why we can't upload MOV to YouTube.
The reasons behind this strange issue are YouTube only supports videos with special codec. For instance, not all types of MOV files can be uploaded to YouTube, but only MOV files with H.264 and
AAC audio codec can uploaded to YouTube.
Here lists the video formats supported by YouTube:
- MP4 and MOV: video codec-h.264, MPEG; audio codec-AAC
- AVI: video codec-MJPEG; audio codec-PCM-
- MPEGPS: video codec-MPEG 2; audio codec-MP2
- FLV: video codec-FLV1; audio codec-MP3
- Another reason is that YouTube only supports videos within 10 minutes or not longer than 15 minutes. So if your MOV file is compatible to YouTube, you should trim it or compress it.
Easy Solution to Upload MOV to YouTube
It can be concluded from the above discussion that the easy solution to upload MOV to YouTube is to convert MOV to YouTube compatible formats like H.264 MP4 or FLV. In this passage, we'd like to
recommend a professional MOV to YouTube converter-iDealshare VideoGo, which can quickly convert MOV to YouTube compatible formats or simply trim MOV files.
This MOV to YouTube converter has many other helpful functions; you can simply refer to other passages on this site if needed.
Guide to Upload MOV to YouTube
Free download the professional MOV to YouTube converter - iDealshare VideoGo (for Mac, for Windows),
install and run it, the following interface will pop up.
Step 1 Import MOV file
You can click "Add File" button or simply drag and drop MOV files which you like to upload to YouTube. Please note that batch conversion is available.
Step 2 Select the YouTube compatible format
Click the "Profile" button and in the drop down list select the YouTube compatible format. You have many choices like "H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Video (*.mp4)" from "General Video" list; "YouTube H.264 HD
Video (*.mp4)" from the "Web Video" list; "FLV" from the "Picture & Animation" list.
Step 3 Convert MOV to YouTube to Upload MOV to YouTube
Click the BIG ROUND button at the right bottom side, and then you will successfully convert MOV to YouTube more supported video format. Then it will become just easy to upload MOV to YouTube.
All the uploading MOV to YouTube problems will be solved.
- How do I successfully upload a quicktime .mov file to youtube? I've heard about converting the file to a different format such as mpeg, but every program I've seen is either a very limited free
trial edition or I have to buy it. When I try uploading the file as it is on youtube, it stops about half way through and says error. I suspect it has something to do with the .mov format so if
anyone knows how I can change the format or get it to upload I would be very appreciative.
- I am using a galaxy S3 phone and separate digital camera.I take a video with a standard digital camera.The video file format is .mov. I remove the SD card from the camera and insert it into the
phone. Using the phone, I find the file in "My files" and hard press for "share via", then select youtube. The message I get is "Videos cannot be uploaded from cloud services" Keep in mind that this
function works fine with files in.mp4 format.
- Can't Upload.MOV file to Youtube. Im having a issue uploading a .MOV file to youtube because it keeps saying (The video has failed to process.)every time.What Can I Do? i tried converting it to a
MP4 format on a app on my mac but still not able to upload...
- Can you upload .mov files to youtube? I have a video that is .mov because I used my grandparent's camera. It keeps uploading... but it usually doesn't take this long for my other videos. It also
won't let me put it on Windows Movie Maker. Idk, help?
- YouTube won't let me upload my .mov file? & it's not importing to Windows Movie Maker. I uploaded the video to my computer from my Canon PowerShot SD780 IS & it's not letting me upload,
anyone know what's wrong or if I have to convert files & how can I do that?