Video Splitter Mac and Windows Version - Split Video without Re encoding
Split MP4, MKV, AVI, MOV, WMV, VOB, FLV, and etc into Multiple Chapters
July 3rd, 2014 by Smile Harney
Looking forward to a Video Splitter Mac or Windows version to split video? If so, simply free download iDealshare VideoGo which is a professional Video Splitter app and can meet different needs in
splitting video files just like below:
- Split a large video file into multiple chapters with or without re encoding;
- Cut off unwanted segments of a video file and only keep the selected segment;
- Split all kinds of video formats like split MP4, MKV, AVI, MOV, WMV, VOB, DAT, FLV, RMVB, 3GP, ASF, SWF, MPG and etc;
- Split video by set file size, by set the duration, by set from Time A to Time B;
- Split video as well as change the output video format or split video as well as convert to audio format;
- Aside from splitting video, this powerful Video Splitter also can split audio files like split MP3, WMA, FLAC, APE, WAV, AAC, AC3, OGG, AIFF, and more.
How to Split Video Files with or without re encoding?
The following will take splitting MP4 into multiple chapters with or without re-encode on Mac as an example, it also applies to split MKV, AVI, FLV, MPG, WMV, MOV, VOB and etc on Mac or
Make Preparation: Free download and launch Video Splitter for Mac
Free download the ideal Video Splitter Mac version - iDealshare VideoGo (for Mac, for
Windows), install and run it, the following interface will pop up.
Tips: To split MP4 on Windows, simply download the Windows version of the MP4 Splitter.
Step 1 Add the MP4 to the Video Splitter app
Import the MP4 video which you like to split into several segments or remove unwanted segments to the Video Splitter for Mac by click the "Add File" button or by drag-and-drop.
Step 2 Set for splitting MP4 video
To split MP4 into several chapters:
Right click the MP4 video to open the context menu, and then hit the "Split by Chapter" option. The ideal MP4 Splitter Mac version will automatically list the split chapters below the original
large MP4 video with the original chapter names and the embedded chapter images.
To split preferable MP4 segment from the large MP4 video:
Click the "Trim" button to open the "Video Edit" window to set the start time and end time for your desired MP4 segment which you like to split from the original MP4 video.
- Method 1: Enter the start time in the Start Time box, and then enter the end time in the End Time box.
- Method 2: Drag the scissors bars under the preview window where you want to trim, then the time will be shown in the Start Time box and End Time box for your reference.
Click "Reset All" to restore the settings to defaults.
Click "OK" to save the settings if you have completed video trimming.
Step 3 Define split MP4 with or without re-encode
Click the "Profile" drop down button to set the output video format for the will be split MP4 chapters:
- If you like to split MP4 without reencoding, select MP4 from the "General Video" category.
- If you like to split MP4 as well as convert to other video or audio format like AVI, MKV, MP3 etc, simply select the desired video or audio format from the "General Video" category or "General
Step 4 Split MP4
Click the big circle button on bottom right corner to start and finish splitting MP4 video.
The current version of iDealshare VideoGo only divide video into chapters if the original video is divided in chapters or cue based. If you want to split other type of video, please email us, and
we will make a customized one for you.
With the above professional Video Splitter for Mac or Windows and step by step guide, it will become so easy to split video into chapters with or without re encoding. And all the following
splitting video needs will be solved:
- I have a ton of MP4 files (mostly YouTube) that I'd like to split into smaller segments. Is there a program that will work with the current codec H.264 MPEG-4 AVC to slice and dice these videos
up without a lengthy re-encode?
- Does anyone know a Video Splitter that can split a large video file (MKV, AVI and so on) into say 12 sections all in one hit?
- I have an hour of recording in MOV that I want to split in to 10 minute chunks so I can upload them to YouTube. Is there any MOV splitter to split MOV files without re encoding?