How to Add .ass Subtitles to Video AVI, MP4, MKV, VOB on Mac/Windows?
Easily Add Ass to Video Like Add Ass to AVI, Add Ass to MP4, Add Ass to MKV, Add Ass to VOB
December 18th, 2013 by Smile Harney
Issues Encountered When Adding Ass Subtitles to Video
Ass is one common type of subtitle among others .srt, .ssa, .idx, .sub. However, when we want to add ass to video, we encounter the following issues:
- i've tried virtual dub and while it works doing it one at a time, i tried to get the batch going and the subtitles from 3 different .ass subs got mixed onto 1 video. i need a good program that
will let me put all my files back together, the mkv- the .ass sub and change it to mp4 hardcoded.
- I have an .avi file and I want to add in a .ass file into it. How do you do that?
- I want to upload a foreign video on Youtube with subtitles that I have made myself. I don't want to only add the captions on Youtube, I want to edit the video so that the subtitles stay ON the
video. I have some programs that I can do subtitle files with, but they do not stay on the video. How can I do this and with what? I cannot afford to pay hundreds to get some editor, so can you
recommend me some free/cheap one? I have a Mac. I hope you understood my question. Thank you.
- I produced a video which will include subtitles. The movie is edited in Premiere Pro and (currently) rendered to a .mov file. I've created subtitles with Aegisub which creates a .ass file in
order to keep the existing font- and position settings.
- Is there anyway in which I can merge the .mov and the subtitles together? I've tried many different programs but none of them seems working. The only one that worked a bit was SubMerge but that
ignored the font-settings and positions of the subtitles.
Easy Solution to Add Ass to Subtitle
The aim of this passage is to recommend a powerful tool to add ass to video. iDealshare VideoGo provides you a simple approach to add .ass subtitles to video including add ass to avi, add ass to
mp4, add ass to mkv, add ass to vob, etc.
Moreover, it can add other types of subtitle to video like add srt to video, add ssa to video, .add idx to video, add sub to video, etc. In addition, iDealshare VideoGo enables the users to edit
the subtile like define the font, color, size, type, transparency, vertical space of the subtitle.
Furthermore, iDealshare VideoGo also supports deleting or removing subtitles from AVI, MP4, VOB, FLV, MPEG, WMV, MOV, RMVB, DV, 3GP, etc.
Step by Step Guide to Add ass to Video
Wish to easily add ass to video? Please follow the step-by-step guide below.
Make Preparation: Free download iDealshare VideoGo
Free download the professional .ass subtitles adder - iDealshare VidceoGo(for Mac, for Windows), install and run it, the following interface will pop up.
Step 1Add video clip
Click "Add File" button to locate and load video files, or simply drag and drop the video clips to iDealshare VideoGo. You can import almost all kinds of video formats like avi, mp4, mkv, vob,
Step 2 Import subtitle-ass
Select the "Effect" button and then switch to "Subtitle" pane. Click the "+" button on the left bottom side to add the subtitle file .ass.
To add other types of subtitle like srt, ssa, idx, sub is also available. Here, you can also edit the subtitle by defining the font, color, size, style, transparency, vertical space of the
subtitle. Then click "OK".
Step 3 Finish adding ass to video
Click the BIG ROUND button on the right bottom side to finish adding ass to video. If you want to add srt to video, add ssa to video, .add idx to video, add sub to video, etc, please follow the