January 21th, 2015 by Smile Harney
Created in 2003, as video editing software, Adobe Premiere Pro supports video edition, graphic design as well as web development programs. Until now, Premiere Pro has Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5/CS4,
and the newest is Premiere Pro CC. However, there are a limited amount of video formats are compatible to Premiere Pro, including AVI, M4V, MOV, MP4, MPEG, WMV, and MKV is not in the list. That is
just the reason why we encounter the following importing MKV to Premiere problems.
Premiere Pro won't Support MKV Problems:
- "How do I import an MKV file into Premiere Pro CS6? -Converting MKV for use with Adobe Premiere Pro- Gents, I normally receive my stuff in a format I can stick on Adobe Premiere Pro. MKV's are
not compatible. What I want to do with the current project is take the MKV I have and convert it for use with Adobe Premiere Pro (on a PC and not on a MAC)."
- "Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 MKV support?-Is there any way to get Adobe Premiere to support MKV files or it simply just doesn't support it?"
- "How to open .mkv file in premiere pro 5.5-having trouble opening .mkv files."
- "How to use .MKV and .ISO with Premiere Pro? They are not supported.-Hi all. My brother in-law sent us two .mkv videos and a DVD .iso he wants me to use in a video I am cutting for him. The only
trouble is, I've no idea how to get them into a format PremPro can handle. I've searched and the only solutions I have found are infinitely complicated for me."
- "Premiere Pro CS3 Importing Issues-I'm new to Premiere, and I've been having issues with a project that I am trying to start. I am running Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 on Windows Vista. I want to
import a file that was originally a .mkv file. Because Premiere does not use .mkv files, I simply changed the file extension to .avi. The file is about 1.42 GB. But whenever I try to import the file
as a .avi, my program freezes and I get a (Not Responding) error on the dialog box at the top of the program. When this happens I am always forced to close the program. Am I experiencing this simply
because the files I am attempting to import are too big? Or is it something else?"
Make Preparation: Free download MKV to Premiere Pro converter
Free download the professional MKV to Premiere Pro Converter - iDealshare VideoGo(for Windows, for Mac), install
and run it, the following interface will pop up.
Step 2 Set Premiere Pro compatible format
Click the "Profile" drop-down button, and select Premiere Pro supporting formats like AVI, MOV, MP4, MPEG, WMV from the "General Video"category.
Step 3 Finish MKV to Premiere Pro conversion
Click the BIG ROUND button at the right bottom side, then the conversion process will begin. Time varies according to the file size. After finished, you can import MKV to Premiere Pro with