Convert AVI to MOV to Play AVI files on Mac QuickTime, iTunes, iPad
AVI to MOV Converter for Mac OS X El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion, Snow Leopard, Leopard and Tiger and Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista
October 13th, 2015 Updated by Smile Harney
AVI, short for Audio Video Interleave, developed by Microsoft in 1992, which is one of the dominate formats on Windows. However, when you want to import AVI files to your Mac devices or apps like
iPad, iPhone, iPod, QuickTime, iTunes, you will come across a big problem. The reason behind this is merely several uncommonly used AVI formats are supported on Mac devices and apps. In order to
use AVI files on Mac devices or apps, what we need is to convert AVI to MOV.
MOV represents the QuickTime multimedia file format, developed by Apple as a video and audio format. MOV is commonly used Mac media player-QuickTime Player and widely applied in Mac devices like
iTunes, iMovie, Final Cut Pro, iPad, iPhone, iPod, etc.
AVI to MOV Converter
Here we highly recommend a powerful AVI to MOV Converter called iDealshare VideoGo. This AVI to MOV Converter for Mac and Windows guarantees no loss of quality during AVI to MOV conversion. In
addition, its high speed is quite amazing. With this app, the following issues will never bother you:
- I used QuickTime for watch any videos on OS X Mountain Lion, but now, I'm passed to OS X Mavericks and QuickTime, when I open an .avi file, convert this in a .mov file. I'm sorry for my English,
I'm French and I don't know speak English very well, but what can I do for QuickTime opens on .avi and doesn't convert to .mov?
- I downloaded a movie in the internet which is an avi file...And I'm planning to put it in my iTouch..Since I'm using a Mac, I wasn't able to open the file successfully. How to convert AVI to MOV
which is more supported by Mac
- Best mov to avi converter? what you recommend. and it MUST WORK. i've arleady tried a few, but they either 1) didn't work, or 2) didn't convert the entire file.
- I have to make a movie file for school work. I just uploaded the video to the computer and it's in .avi format. The problem is when trying to preview it on Apple QuickTime 10, it failed to play
the AVI format. Any help?
Besides specialized in AVI to MOV converting area, iDealshare VideoGo is proved a helpful assistant in other fields. Check out more features as below:
- Convert AVI to MP4, F4F, FLV, WMV, MKV, MPG, 3GP, ASF, DV, RM, TS and etc.
- Edit video files including trim, crop, merge, add watermark, set video brightness, contrast, saturation, and apply special video effects.Convert almost all videos to VLC, Windows Media Player,
QuickTime, iTunes, iPad, iPod, iPhone, etc.
- AVI to MOV converter Windows version support converting AVI to MOV on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows10.
- AVI to MOV converter Mac version can convert AVI to MOV on Mac OS X Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion, Snow Leopard, Leopard and Tiger.
Convert AVI to MOV Step by Step Guide
Known the above unique feature about this AVI to MOV converter, please follow the simple three steps to easily convert AVI to MOV for QuickTime, iTunes, iPad, iPhone, iPod
Make Preparation: Free download AVI to MOV Converter
Free download the professional AVI to MOV Converter for Mac or Windows -iDealshare VideoGo(for Mac , for Windows),
install and run it, the following interface will pop up.
Step 1Import AVI files
Click "Add File" button to add the AVI files, or directly drag and drop AVI clips to AVI to MOV Converter. Batch AVI to MOV conversion is also available.
Step 2Select MOV as the output format
Click the "Profile" drop down button to select MOV QuickTime Video(*.mov) from the "General Video" category.
Tips: if you want to sync AVI to your idevices, please choose the presets for iOS devices from "iPhone", "iPad & Apple TV", "iPod".
Step 3Finish converting AVI to MOV
Click the "Convert" button to finish AVI to MOV converting.