R3D Converter - Convert R3D to MOV, ProRes, DV, MP4, AVI, TS on Mac/PC
Convert REDCODE RAW footage.R3D, .MOV, .rsx to Any Video and Audio Format
July 1st, 2014 by Smile Harney
Looking forward to a R3D Converter to convert R3D to other video formats? If so, simply free download iDealshare VideoGo which is a professional R3D Converter for Mac and Windows. It can convert
all kinds of REDCODE RAW footages to almost any popular video or audio format.
- Convert various REDCODE RAW footages whatever it is in .R3D, .MOV, .rsx and whatever it is recorded with the Red One, Epic-M and Epic-X, Epic Dragon and Scarlet Dragon.
- Convert R3D to MOV, Apple ProRes, MP4, DV, AVI, WMV, ASF, RMVB, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MKV, VOB, FLV, WebM, WTV, 3GP and etc.
- Convert R3D to WAV, MP3, AIFF, Apple Lossless, FLAC, OGG, AAC, AC3, WMA, DTS, Opus, AU, RA and etc.
- Directly play R3D files with the built-in R3D Converter in iDealshare VideoGo.
- Edit R3D recordings like rotate, merge, crop, watermark, effect, trim, adjust R3D audio volume, compress video file size, add audio track or music and etc.
Convert R3D to ProRes, MOV, DV, MP4, AVI
The following will take converting R3D to Apple ProRes MOV on Mac as an example, it also applies to convert R3D to MP4, AVI, DV, MKV, and other video or even audio formats on Windows or Mac.
Make Preparation: Start R3D Converter
Free download the ideal R3D Converter Mac version - iDealshare VideoGo (for Mac, for Windows), install and launch it, the following interface will pop up.
To convert R3D to DV, AVI, ProRes etc on Windows, simply download the R3D Video Converter for Windows version.
Step 1 Add R3D footages
First copy the R3D recordings from your camcorder to the Mac computer, then click "Add File" button to import the R3D files to the R3D Video Converter.
Step 2 Set Apple ProRes as output video format
Click the "Profile" drop-down button to select 'ProRes Apple ProRes codec (*.mov)' or 'ProRes Apple ProRes 4444 codec (*.mov )' from the "HD Video" category.
Step 3 Edit R3D files (Optional)
Click the "Effect" button to open the Video Edit window to edit MXF files:
- Click "Effect" button to define which R3D segment you like to convert; crop the unwanted scene or black bars; adjust image brightness, contrast, and saturation; add text or image watermark to the
R3D recordings; add artistic effect, add audio track or background music to the R3D files; add or remove subtitles, rotate R3D footages.
- Click "Setting..." button to adjust parameter for the output converted R3D files like adjust video size, video codec, aspect ratio, frame rate, bitrate, sample rate, audio volume, audio channel
Step 4 Convert R3D to ProRes
Click "Convert" button to start converting R3D to apple ProRes video format.
What is R3D?
R3D, short for REDCODE RAW, are mostly used by RED high-resolution video cameras and all current Red cameras record only in the REDCODE RAW codec.
RED applications are not supported on the PowerPC architecture and it is only work with any Intel based computer. In order to play or edit R3D files, we had better convert R3D to a more popular
video format like convert R3D to MOV, convert R3D to DV, convert R3D to MP4 and etc with iDealshare VideoGo which work on both PowerPC andIntel based computer and work on on both Windows and Mac