AVI to XBMC Converter - Easy Solve XBMC won't Play AVI Issue
Convert AVI to XBMC Video Format to Play AVI on XBMC
January 21th, 2015 by Smile Harney
XBMC won't Play AVI Issues
Although the XBMC users is told that XBMC supports many video formats including AVI, MPEG, WMV, ASF, FLV, MV/MKA, MP4, Quick Time, AAC, M4A, AIFF, WAV. MPEG-4, RMVB, MPEG-2, RealVideo, etc., we
still easily find complaints about XBMC won't play AVI, below are some of them.
- "Even since i updated to XBMC 12 i cant play .avi files. When i try to play they stutter and there is no sound. I can play .mkv files just fine so this is only playing avi files and i tried many
of them. I never had the problem using XBMC 11."
- "Downloaded and installed XBMC looks pretty cool, (WinXP SP3). Went to the folder were I keep downloaded movies, (all .AVI) and other downloads. But XBMC does'nt see any them, (sees .rar
- "im running an Synology NAS DS112 and copied some avi files on it (I always copy movie formats in te video folder and watch over UPnP).Only .avi files are not listed. All other formats are fine.
(tested to move them in an folder and in the root folder - i still see my other movies there)"
- "Why do my .avi files not appear in my library? (self.xbmc)-My .avi files do not appear in my library, they do not play either. I have an RPi with xbian on it. Found the other thread but i didn't
see any solution in this video. How can I get this thing to play my .AVI movie files?"
Easy Solution to Play AVI on XBMC
Actually there is one simple way to solve AVI won't play on XBMC, which is to convert AVI to XBMC more compatible format like MP4, WMV. Here, a versatile AVI to XBMC converter-iDealshare VideoGo
is highly recommended for its high efficiency and stability. Moreover, this user-friendly AVI to XBMC converter brings much convenience to users for its green environment and simple operation.
Convert AVI to XBMC
Please follow the step-by-step guide on how to convert AVI to XBMC with no loss of quality.
Similarly, you can also convert MPEG, ASF, FLV, MV/MKA, Quick Time, AAC, M4A, AIFF, WAV, MPEG-4, RMVB, MPEG-2, RealVideo, etc. to XBMC with the same method.
Make Preparation: Free download AVI to XBMC converter
Free download the professional iSquint alternative for Windows or Mac - iDealshare VideoGo (for Windows, for Mac),
install and run it, the following interface will pop up.
Step 1 Import AVI videos
Drag and drop AVI file or files to this main interface, or click "Add File" button to locate and import AVI video.
Step 2 Set XBMC video format
Click the "Profile" drop-down button, and then choose XBMC more supported MP4 or WMV as the target format from the "General Video" category.
Step 3 Finish converting AVI to XBMC
Click the BIG ROUND button at the right bottom side to finish AVI to XBMC conversion process. NOW, you can import AVI into XBMC successfully.
With iDealshare VideoGo, you can easily play all MP4 in XBMC, the following situations will be solved:
- Why some MP4 can be played in XBMC and others can't?
- When playing MP4 in XBMC, only sound is heard, no image, what's the matter?
- When I play MP4 which is compressed as multiple rarfiles it always make my XBMC crashed, anyone knows how to fix it?
- I can't play MP4 in 1080p and 720p in XBMC, how can I play those files or any software I need to convert those files to XBMC can recognize?
- I installed XBMC yesterday and it can play AVI, WMV, etc, but can't play MP4. I have a bunch of MP4 and want to play in XBMC, it drives me crazy!