How to Remove Subtitles from MKV Video Files on Mac or Windows?
Subtitle Remover - Delete Subtitles from MKV, AVI, MP4, VOB, FLV, MPEG and etc
April 21st, 2014 Updated by Smile Harney
Want to remove MKV subtitles? If so, you come to the right place! The following article will introduce a powerful MKV Subtitle Remover and a step by step guide on how to remove subtitles from MKV files.
MKV Subtitle Remover
Besides acting as a powerful MKV Converter, iDealshare VideoGo is also an ideal MKV Subtitle Remover which can batch remove or delete subtitles from MKV video files. Besides removing subtitles from MKV video, iDealshare Video also can remove subtitles from AVI, MP4, VOB, FLV, MPEG, WMV, MOV, RMVB, DV, 3GP, ASF, AVCHD, MXF, and etc.
Besides acting as a Subtitle Remover, iDealshare VideoGo also helps to add subtitles to video files include add almost all kinds of subtitles like .srt, .ass, .ssa, .idx, .sub and etc to MKV, AVI, MP4, VOB, FLV, MPEG, WMV, MOV, RMVB, DV, 3GP, ASF, AVCHD, MXF, and etc.
Moreover, this MKV Subtitle Remover is also a MKV Subtible Extractor which can extract subtitles from MKV, MP4, TS, VOB, AVI and etc
How to Remove Subtitles from MKV?
The following will introduce a step by step guide on how to remove MKV subtitles, it also applies to remove subtitles from MP4, AVI, FLV, WebM, OGV, VOB, MPEG, RMVB, WMV, WTV and etc.
Make Preparation: Free download MKV Subtitle Remover
Free download the professional Subtitles Remover app – iDealshare VideoGo (for Windows, for Mac), install and run it, the following interface will pop up.
Step 1 Add MKV files
Simply drag and drop the MKV videos from which you want to remove subtitles to the main interface of iDealshare VideoGo. Or click "Add File" button to import your MKV files.
Step 2 Check if the subtitle is hardcoded or not
Click the video file Subtitle Setting drop-down button to see if it has a subtitle track in the MKV file (After checked, make sure to select None option):
- If it has a subtitle track like eng, which means it is soft subtitle which can be removed directly. To remove the subtitle, follow the Step 3 and Step 5.
- If it does not have a subtitle track and only has a None and Edit Subtitle option, that means the subtitles are hard-coded, which are permanently burned into the MKV video.In this case, there is no way to remove the subtitles, except by cropping them out, but the cropped part will be lost forever. To delete the hardcoded subtitle, follow the Step 3, Step 4, and Step 5.
Step 3 Set output video format
Click the "Profile" drop-down button to select desired video format for the output video:
- If you want the output video is still in MKV format, select 'MKV Matroska Video (*.mkv)' from the "General Video" category or select 'HD MKV Video (*.mkv)' from the "HD Video" category.
- If you want the output video is in other video format like MP4, AVI, simple select the desired one from the "General Video" category or from the "HD Video" category.
Step 4 Only for hardcoded subtitle
If the subtitle is hardcoded, there is no way to remove the subtitles, except by cropping them out.
Click "Crop" button to open the Crop Video window, then you can crop your video and set the zoom mode according to your need:
- Method 1: Crop by adjusting the crop frame:
The crop frame is the dotted line around the movie video. There are eight small adjustment boxes on the crop frame. Each adjustment box allows you to crop the movie video from a different position. To crop your movie video, you can just move your mouse cursor to an adjustment box and drag the crop frame.
- Method 2: Crop by setting the crop values:
There are four crop values on the lower right part of the crop window: Top, Bottom, Left and Right. You can set each value to crop your movie video, and the crop frame will move accordingly.
Step 5 Finish removing subtitles from MKV files
Click the "Convert" button to start and finish removing MKV subtitles.