MOD to iMovie: How to Import MOD to iMovie and Keep the Video Quality?
Easy Solution for "Can't Import MOD to iMovie!"
April 29th, 2016, Updated by Smile Harney
Problems about Importing MOD to iMovie
- I have MOD files from my Everio camera. I no longer have the video camera so I can't connect to my MAC. I just have the original downloaded video files in MOD format. I want to convert them to
use them on IMOVIE.
- MOD to imovie format conversion- I boutgh a JVC everio HDD video cam last month. Went on a vacation and now would like to use imovie to view and play with the movie clips. Problem i am just now
finding out about is that the camera takes .mod format and that is not compatible with imovie
- I have searched high and low, and found all kinds of jury rigs and contraptions, none of which seemed to work quite right, and are far too complex requiring extra software. Why can't iMovie 09
import MOD files directly? When I hook my camera directly, it imports them fine. But if I've copied the files to my hard disk first, it will not recognize them. I need a simple way to add MOD files
from a hard disk into iMovie 09
How to Import MOD to iMovie?
Just as the above questions show, when importing the MOD files to iMovie from JVC, Pananonic or Canon camcorder, we always encounter the problem like iMovie can't recognize the file. The reason
behind this issue is that iMovie doesn't support MOD format. Therefore, in order to successfully import MOD to iMove for further edition, we need a third party app to convert MOD to iMovie supporting
formats like MOV, AVCHD, MPEG-4, DV.
With the app in this article, you can import MOD files to iMovie 10/ iMovie 09/iMovie 11/iMovie HD, etc.
Tutorial to Convert MOD to iMovie with iDealshare VideoGo
Please follow the guide below to easily convert MOD to iMovie supported video format to import MOD to iMovie.
Make Preparation: Free download MOD to iMovie converter
Free download the ideal MOD to iMovie converter - iDealshare VideoGo (for Mac, for
Windows), install and launch it, the following interface will pop up.
Here are more features about this MOD to iMovie converter. Hope they are helpful to your work or daily life.
- Convert MOD to any other video format like MP4, MOV, AVCHD, M2TS, WMV, AVI, FLV, VOB, MKV, MPEG, M4V, DVD, RMVB, etc.
- Import MOD to any portable devices like iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple TV, Samsung, Xbox, Blackberry, HTC, PSP, PS3, etc.
- Extract audio file like MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, AIFF, FLAC, AAC, AC3, M4A, APE, etc. from MOD file and other video file.
- Trim or crop, merge or split MOD video.
- Burn MOD file to DVD and open with DVD player.
Step 1 Insert MOD videos
Click "Add File" button or drag and drop MOD directly to the best MOD to iMovie converter. If you have more than one MOD files to convert, the batch conversion service will help you.
Step 2 Define the output format
Click the "Profile" drop down button to select the output format. iMovie supported video formats like MOV,MPEG-4, DV. Please choose one of them from the "General Video" category.
To convert HD MOD to iMovie 1080p video, select 'HD H.264 Video(*.mp4)' or 'HD MP4 MPEG-4 Video(*.mp4)' from the "HD Video" category.
Step 3 Edit Function (Optional)
Click "Effect" button, and in the small window you can customize the video like trim or crop, merge or split, add/delete/edit subtitle, add special effects, adjust bit rate/resolution/aspect
ratio, change/delete audio channel, etc.
Step 4 Convert MOD to iMovie.
Click the BIG ROUND button at the right bottom side to begin to convert MOD to iMovie.
With the simple steps above, we have successfully convert MOD to iMovie supporting format. After that, please import the converted file to iMovie. If you have any questions, please feel free to
contact us with messages or emails.